Sunday, September 20, 2009

"The Age of Stupid"

Hello everyone.

OK, some blatant advertising here, and I am hoping that for many of us this will severe as a reminder to go see this film, but just in case you have not noticed this here goes.

What: a film...

Title:
"The Age of Stupid"

Synopsis:
"The Age of Stupid is the new four-year epic from McLibel director Franny Armstrong. Oscar-nominated Pete Postlethwaite stars as a man living alone in the devastated world of 2055, looking at old footage from 2008 and asking: why didn’t we stop climate change when we had the chance?"

What are people saying about this film?:

  • The Guardian: "The first successful dramatisation of climate change to reach the big screen." and “Fascinating. The message, never stated but constantly emerging, is that we all have our self-justifying myths. These myths prevent us from engaging with climate change.” Read full review here
  • The Ecologist magazine: “Fantastic. Knocks spots off An Inconvenient Truth” Read full review here.
  • "I hate this film. I felt as if I was watching all my own excuses for not doing anything about climate change being stripped away from me. And it's tender and funny and wise as well.Can I just pretend I never saw it?" William Nicholson, Oscar-nominated writer of Shadowlands and Gladiator
  • "This wonderful film is like a bucket of cold water. I hope it wakes people from their slumber and helps galvanise real pressure on politicians to come up with an effective deal at the Copenhagen climate change summit." Tony Juniper, former head of Friends of the Earth
  • "Every single person in the country should be forcibly made to watch this film". Ken Livingstone, former Mayor of London
Where and when can I see it?: PLEVNA, Itäinenkatu 4, 33210 Tampere. Tuesday 22/09/2009. 18:45!

Don't be late, and DON'T BRING THE CAR! Walk or bike please... ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I would just like to add that this is a ONE NIGHT ONLY offer! They are, rather stupidly in my opinion, only showing the film at the time stated, no others. It is also timed to correspond with the "première" of the film in over 50 different countries around the world. The big one is in New York... So don't miss out people!

    ReplyDelete